Transport of goods over border
Free import to passengers arriving with goods purchased within the EU which are for personal use only:
- Tobacco products: 800 cigarettes; 400 cigarillos (max. 3g each), 200 cigars, 1 kilo of smoking tobacco
- Alcoholic beverages: 10 lit spirits over 22%, 20 litters of alcoholic beverages less than 22%, 90 l of wine (though no more than 60 l of sparkling wine); 110 l of beer.
Free import to passengers arriving from countries which are not members of the EU – (incl. Canary Islands, the Channel Islands and other similar areas):
- Tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 years and over: 200 cigarettes, or 100 cigarillos (max. 3g each), or 50 cigars, or 250 g of smoking tobacco, or The proportional mix of these products;
- Alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 years and over: One litter of spirits over 22% volumes, or non – denatured ethyl alcohol more than 80% by volume; or Two litters of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liqueur wines; or The proportional mix of these products, and in addition Four litters of wine, 16 litters of beer
- Drugs for personal use;
- Other goods (for air travellers) up to a total value of 430 euros.
Products of animal origin
Products of animal origin, not originating from EU member states, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland, may not be imported into a Member State of the EU, except of limited amounts from Andorra, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
For full details, please see or refer to the website of the European Union – http://europa.eu/. For full details please see Terms and Definitions, Section 5th Customs, or refer to the website of the European Union – http://europa.eu/.
More information about regulations
Passengers who carry guns (hunting, sports, etc.) or radio station (CB, walkie – talkie, etc.) must have a valid passport, regardless of their nationality. Products of archaeological, historical, ethnographic, art and other scientific or cultural values require an export license issued by the competent authorities.
Export (duty free)
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco
- One litter of wine and one litter of spirits
- A quarter litter of cologne and one bottle of perfume
- Items for personal use
Pets must have an identification microchip and need a valid international or EU pet passport.